FAQ Synflex Liquid Glucosamine
Questions and Answers about Glucosamine and Arthritis Pain Relief
Why is Synflex® considered to be one of the most effective glucosamine product on the market today?
- We have taken the utmost care to ensure we provide the highest quality, most effective product. To do this, we use only the highest quality and purest ingredients. In fact, we use 98% pure liquid glucosamine, with ten other high quality synergistic arthritis-fighting ingredients. In addition, each batch of Synflex® undergoes a laboratory analysis to ensure ingredient quality and efficacy. To note, each batch of Synflex® is issued a certificate of analysis and is manufactured in a GMP certified lab.
Are there any side effects?
- Synflex® is a very safe product. There are a few things you need to know:
- Consult your doctor before taking glucosamine if you are currently pregnant or nursing.
- Current medical literature indicates that diabetics may use Synflex®. However, you may wish to monitor your blood sugar levels or consult your physician.
- If you are allergic to shellfish, you should monitor your reaction and discontinue if any adverse affects occur.
- A small percentage of people who take glucosamine may encounter light diarrhea or stomach upset. This can be avoided by splitting the dosage between morning and evening.
Does Synflex® interact with any drugs or medications?
- Synflex® is an all-natural product and should not interact with any drugs or medications.
Why is better, stronger, healthier cartilage important?
- When your cartilage is damaged, either as a result of primary osteoarthritis or following an injury (secondary osteoarthritis), you will suffer the consequences. Since cartilage protects the bones from coming into contact with one another, the opposite result is extremely painful. In a great many cases, it can result in surgery.
- As your cartilage begins to lose its capabilities, the process of osteoarthritis begins. Whether the result is of aging, genetics, overuse, or injury, some 70 million Americans suffer from this debilitating condition. Whether you suffer from this condition or are trying to prevent it, every step that you can take to avoid the consequences is well worth it.
What exactly is Glucosamine?
- Glucosamine is a charged sugar molecule that is a key component of the extracellular matrix of cartilage (grout between the cartilage cells). It absorbs and releases water with each step, thereby acting as a shock absorber for the joints.
- Glucosamine is a natural sugar produced by your body. It is the essential and principal ingredient that determines the quantity of proteoglycans (water-holding) molecules that also form in the body. The greater the amount of Glucosamine in the body, the greater the amount of proteoglycans. The proteoglycans are large, water-binding molecules made up of both proteins and sugars. It is important to understand that they are a major building block of healthy, vital cartilage.
Is Synflex® approved by the FDA?
- Glucosamine products are nutritional supplements and are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). However, Synflex® is manufactured in the United States with (USA) pharmaceutical quality ingredients, in a NSF cGMP certified facility. This means that our lab is in compliance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices. This system ensures that the procedures and documentation of the product represents the quality and strength of the contract. Each batch of Synflex® is issued a Certificate of Analysis, which tests that every ingredient is formulated to the exact measurements and specifications that it states it will.
Will I need to take this product daily for the rest of my life, or will I be able to reduce the dosage or even stop taking it at some point?
- It is indeed advisable to maintain a daily dose of a 1/4 oz. (1.5 teaspoons) per day. Those over 220 pounds may wish to maintain a higher dosage than this (1/2 oz. per day). If you believe that your arthritis does not warrant a full daily dose, or if you are taking Synflex® as a preventative measure, you may wish to drop the dose in half. Of course, if any joint pain returns or cartilage continues to deteriorate, increase your dosage. We recommend that mostly everyone take a double dose (1/2 oz. per day) for the first 7-10 days.
Can I take Synflex® if I have a shellfish allergy?
- You can take Synflex®, as long as glucosamine hasn't been a problem in the past. The antigen in shellfish that causes an allergic reaction has been removed from Synflex®. Nonetheless, we encourage you to consult with your physician before using glucosamine. In fact, new research has shown that glucosamine is very unlikely to cause an allergic reaction in someone allergic to shellfish. In most cases, allergies are caused by proteins in shellfish, not chitin, a carbohydrate from which glucosamine is extracted. Furthermore, there is no crossover between the acid derived chitin from shells and the antigens that cause shellfish allergies, since the acid process required to leach the chitin from the shell strips away the carbohydrate side chains that would be antigenic.
Is it true that Synflex® will ease osteoarthritis pain in dogs and cats?
- Yes. Synflex® is very effective at easing the symptoms of arthritis in both cats and dogs. Many pet owners notice small changes right away after administering Synflex®, however, maximum results are usually seen between 2-4 weeks.
Do pets like the taste of Synflex®?
- The large majority of cats and dogs like the flavor of Synflex®. Administration is very easy. We recommend mixing Synflex® directly into their food. In about 10% of cases, you may need to administer it orally with a measuring dropper..
I know a lot of people who use it and they all swear by it. What makes Synflex® so effective?
- Certainly the ingredients themselves play a major role here. Synflex® uses pharmaceutical strength ingredients. Also, the liquid formula allows the body to absorb the ingredients faster and more fully.
Does Synflex® have Chondroitin in it?
- Yes. It is approximately 20% Chondroitin Sulfate.
Why are there slight changes in the color of the product?
- You should not refrigerate Synflex®. It has a shelf life of at least one year so you can certainly store it at room temperature for that long. A slight change in color happens sometimes. It is simply something that happens naturally as a result of exposure to light.